The Ridge was developed by Cachet Homes and consists of 102 units.
In December of 2000, which is the date of the earliest builder price list that I have in my files, the pricing began at $171,900 for the 1338 square foot Heritage and went as high as $210,900 for the Monarch model.
There were three different models ranging in size from 1,338 square feet to 1,810 square feet. Each model had a 2 car garage although the Heritage was also offered with a 1 car garage. They also had a number of customizable interior options.
This community is located just off of the west side of Thompson Peak Parkway and south of Bell Road. And it is just north of Cachet, it’s sister community. The Ridge is gated with a community pool, spa and fitness room. There is an additional homeowner’s association fee which notonly includes the use of the facilities but also includes exterior maintenance of the buildings, landscaping, water, sewer, refuse collection and the electronic gated security.
About the Builder
For Matt and Whitney Cody, owners of Cachet Homes, providing homeowners with simple elegance is their specialty. Working closely with award-winng architects, Cachet Homes combines sophisticated style with common sense practically and produces exceptional homes that anyone would be proud to own.
Matt Cody came to Phoenix after receiving his graduate degree from the University of Wisconsin, one of the few schools in the nation that offer a degree in real estate development. For close to ten years he worked with a leading Valley developer, developing skills as an innovative problem solver who understands what people want in a home, and how to create it.
In 1990, Matt founded Cachet Homes, Matt has led his company into many different areas of home production, creating one-of-a kind custom homes throughout Paradise Valley (“Judson”) as well as beautiful communities of Patio Homes, Townhomes and Villas in Scottsdale, Mesa, and Phoenix. Outside of the Phoenix area, Cachet has built communities in Prescott and Sedona.
Builder: Cachet Homes
Number of Homes: 102
Number of models: 3
Price Range: high $200’s to mid $300’s
Sq Ft: 1,338 to 1,810
The Ridge offered three different models, all of which had 2 car garages although there was an option on the Heritage plan to choose a 1 car garage. Each building in the community houses 6 different units-2 Heritage condos, 2 Monarch condos and 2 Legacy townhouses, ranging is size from 1,338 to 1,810 square feet.
The Monarch was built as a 2 bedroom with a den or as a 3 bedroom. Its split plan ranges in square footage from 1,686 to 1,810, depending on whether it is located on the 1st or 2nd floor. It also has 2 baths, 2 balconies and a 2 car garage. It is a single level condo.
The Heritage was built as a 2 bedroom and is always located on the 2nd floor. It’s 1,338 square foot plan has 2 baths, 2 balconies and a 2 car garage. There was also an option for a 1 car garage at a lower price.
The Legacy was built as a 2 bedroom plus den. It is a 2 story townhouse with no one above or below it and is always an end unit. It’s 1,696 square foot plan has 2.5 baths and a 2 car garage.
The builder has indicated in their sales documents that the following features were common to all homes the community. However, many items may have, in fact, been upgraded or changed by the or changed by the current owners. Therefore, potential buyers are advised to verify any information that is material to their interests and might affect their decision to purchase a property in this community. As a result, potential buyers are advised to verify any information that is material to their interests and which might affect their decision to purchase a property in this community
- Ceramic floor tile in entry, kitchen & laundry.
- Gas fireplace with glass doors& log set.
- Hand-trowel walls with rounded corners.
- Separate laundry room.
- Architectural details & niches for artwork.
- Distinctive 8′ wood entry door
- Schlage, Plymouth Chrome door hardware.
- Stain resistant plush carpet over deluxe pad.
- Designer lighting fixtures & recessed lighting.
- Dramatic high ceiling in most living areas.
- Contemporary six-panel interior doors.
- Poured light-weight concrete between floors in the Heritage & Monarch plans.
- Telephone outlets in kitchen, master bedroom & all second bedrooms or dens.
- TV & ceiling fan outlets in living room, master bedroom & all second bedrooms/dens.
Reassuring Security Features
- Individual security system.
- Fire sprinkler system.
- Private attached garage with “direct access”.
- Electronic entry gate.
- Smoke detectors throughout.
- Ground level entry into home.
- Automatic garage door openers.
- Cultured marble vanity tops with integral lavatories & large Bullnose edges.
- Cultured marble shower surrounds
- Clear glass & chrome shower enclosure
- Elegant cultured marble oval Roman tub (selected plans)
- Large walk-in closets with built-in shelving
- Elongated water saving toilets throughout
- Recessed medicine cabinets
- Linen cabinet (per plan)
- 36″ high base cabinets in all baths
- White on white Whirlpool appliance package
- Whirlpool self-cleaning slide-in range
- Whirlpool 5-cycle dishwasher
- Whirlpool built-in microwave oven
- Custom crafted solid hardwood cabinets
- Breakfast bar
- Pre-plumbed water line for ice-maker
- Custom laminate countertops with bullnose edge
- White porcelain on steel kitchen sink
- Dramatic Southwestern architecture
- Varied exterior paint color scheme
- Low-profile concrete roof tile
- Insulated steel garage door with opener
- Hand-trowel sand finish stucco on exterior walls
- Generous covered patios & balconies Courtyards or covered entries (per plan)
Energy Saving Features
- High efficiency (11 SEER rated) split system with gas furnace &ground mounted electric A/C unit
- Dual-pane insulated glass window & doors
- R-23 exterior walls-R-30 ceiling insulation
- 40-gallon has hot water heater
- 2X6 exterior walls/double 2X6 walls between homes
- Aqualplex plumbing throughout
- Decora rocker panel light switches
- Formal ceramic tiled entry
- Polished brass lever door hardware
- Prewire for garage door opener
This page contains number of maps that may be helpful in understanding more about this community.
The map on the top left shows where in McDowell Mountain Ranch the community is located. Just to the right of that is an aerial view provided by the digital map center of the city of scottsdale which should provide you with an interesting perspective on the community. The last two are an actual street map and the builder’s original site plan. Click to enlarge maps.