The Terraces offered 38 homes to choose from ranging in size from 3,036 to 3,744 square feet. There were 5 floor plans offered with 3 different exterior elevations to choose from. All had a 3 car garage as standard.
The Palma model was a great room plan with 3035 square feet of living space. It offered 3 bedrooms, a study and 2.5 baths, one of which was a Jack and Jill bath. Other features included a split master and a curved wall in the dining room.
The Morena was a split floor plan which offered 3190 square feet with a courtyard entry. It had 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and an optional guest casita. A 2 car garage was standard. Options included a 3rd garage and columns in the front archway.
The Andorra plan consisted of 3670 square feet and had a circular foyer. Included in this split plan were 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a den and a second study or game room. A 4 car garage was standard with the option of converting the 4th bay into a private guest casita.
The Valverde model had 3700 square feet of living space with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. A wet bar in between the living and family room was standard. Converting the powder room into a full bath was an option.
The Montilla model had 3744 square feet of living space with a courtyard entry, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a den and a bonus room. There was an option to convert the bonus room into a bedroom.
The builder, Toll Brothers Inc, indicated in their sales documents that the following features were common to all homes in the community. However, many items have, in fact, been upgraded or changed by the current owners. Therefore, potential buyers are always advised to verify any information that is material to their interests and might affect their decision to purchase a property in this community.
Distinctive interior features
- Luxurious plush carpet over deluxe pad
- Ceramic floor tile at entry, kitchen, and utility room
- Choice of distinctive solid entry doors
- Choice of wood-burning or gas only fireplace
- Solid brass hardware with choice of two styles
- Choice of solid core flush or 6-panel Colonist 8′ interior doors
- Dramatic twelve-foot high ceilings in most living areas
- Hand-applied skip trowel wall finish
- Unique display niches and spaces
- Custom designed lighting fixtures in some plans
- Special detailed closets
- Mirrored bi-pass closet doors
- Elegant crafted hardwood cabinets with a choice of styles and finishes
- Gourmet kitchen island in select models
- Gourmet kitchen with Jenn-Air® appliances
- Waste King 1/2 h.p. disposal
- Choice of Corian® or ceramic tile countertops
- Two-compartment cast iron sink with designer pull-out spray faucet
- Pre-plumbed for icemaker
- Built-in double oven and cooktop
- Easy-care cultured marble countertops and tub/shower surrounds
- Cast iron self-rimming lavatories in all baths
- Jacuzzi® whirlpool tub and separate shower in master bath
- Custom clear shower enclosure with polished brass trim in master bath
- Polished brass and chrome plumbing trim throughout
- Polished brass bath accessories throughout
- Custom wood vanity cabinet and medicine cabinets throughout
- Designer pedestal lavatory in powder room
- Guard-gated entrance
- Smoke detectors
- Fire sprinkler system
- Pre-wired for security system
- Quality deadbolt on front entry door
- Heritage dual pane insulated glass in all windows and Arcadia doors R-30 insulation in ceilings; R-19 insulation in exterior walls
- 2 x 6 exterior walls (with exception of garage)
- Efficiently designed split gas heating and air conditioning systems
- Gas hot water heater
- Pre-wired for four TV and four telephone outlets Pre-wired for four ceiling fans
- Decora light switches and receptacles
- Pre-plumbed for soft water conditioner and reverse osmosis
- Contemporary southwestern architecture
- Choice of three exterior elevations for each plan
- Large expanses of glass
- Sand-finish stucco in your choice of paint colors
- Choice of Mexican Pinto roof tile or U.S. Life Tile colored concrete
- Salt-finished entry walk, patio, and driveway
- Choice of three window frame colors
- Eight-foot high sliding glass Arcadia doors in select models
- Exterior lighting in garage on photo cell
- Three-car garages with automatic door openers and finished interiors (two-car garage standard on Morena model)
- Generous covered patios with recessed lighting
- Solid masonry yard walls with applied stucco
- Professionally designed landscaping and sprinkler system
- Custom swimming pool/spa/water features
- Masonry barbecue grills
- Security systems
- Home entertainment systems
- Custom built-ins
- Special floor treatments
- Special fireplace treatments
- Low-E or bronze tint windows
- Soft water and reverse osmosis systems
- Natural gas available to cooktop, dryer, and barbecue
- Wet bars
This page contains number of maps that may be helpful in understanding more about this community.
The map on the top left shows where in McDowell Mountain Ranch the community is located. Just to the right of that is an aerial view provided by the digital map center of the city of Scottsdale which should provide you with an interesting perspective on the community. The last two are an actual street map and the builder’s original site plan. Click to enlarge maps.