The Retreat offered a number of different floor plans to chose from as well as a number of lots for sale on which a custom home could be built. Homes ranged in size from 3,137 to 4,970 for the standardized floor plan and went as high as 9,000 for the custom homes.
The Merida model was a great room plan with 3137 square feet. It offered 3 bedrooms plus a den and 2.5 baths. An added bonus room brought the size to 3363 square feet. There was also a side entry garage.
The Antigua was a split plan which had 3320 square feet with 3 bedrooms, a study, 2.5 baths and a split garage. There was a curved wall of windows in the breakfast nook.
The Cordoba split floor plan offered 3434 square feet. It included 3 bedrooms with an angled master suite plus a study. The 3 car garage had a side entry.
The Diamante great room plan consisted of 3472 square feet and had curved wall in the dining room. Also included in this split plan were 3 bedrooms with a sitting room in the master, a den, a bonus room and 3.5 baths.
La Paz model was a split floor plan that had 3697 square feet of living space with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and study. There was a formal living room as well as a family room and the garage had a side entry.
The Cerro floor plan had 3743 square feet of living space with 3 bedrooms, a study and 2.5 baths. This split plan included a snail shower in the master suite. The living room and family rooms were open to one another.
The Cadiz model offered a courtyard entry with 3934 square feet of living space. This split plan included 3 bedrooms, a den, a bonus room, 3.5 baths and a split garage.
The Medina model had 4059 square feet of living space with 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, a formal dining room and a study. The angled floor plan also included a side entry garage.
The Malaga was a split floor plan with 4384 square feet of living space. It had 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a study and a side entry garage. There was an option to add a bonus room increasing the size to 4597 square feet.
The Cardona floor plan had 4970 square feet of living space with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a game room and a study. The master suite included his and her closets plus a sitting area. Also included was bar in the living room and a side entry garage.
The builder, Toll Brothers Inc., indicated in their sales documents that the following features were common to all homes in the community. However, many items have, in fact, been upgraded or changed by the current owners. Therefore, potential buyers are always advised to verify any information that is material to their interests and might affect their decision to purchase a property in this community. Three car garages were standard. Lot sizes started at over ½ acre with many over 1 acre.
Distinctive interior features
- Luxurious plush carpet over deluxe pad
- Ceramic floor tile at entry, kitchen, utility room, breakfast nook & master water closet
- Choice of distinctive entry doors with brass hardware
- Environmentally friendly gas log fireplace with glass enclosure
- Solid brass door hardware with choice of two styles
- 6-panel Colonist 8′ interior doors
- Dramatic ten and twelve-foot high ceilings in selected living areas
- Hand-applied skip trowel wall finish
- Unique display niches and spaces
- Contemporary recessed lighting fixtures
- Special detailed closets
- Mirrored bi-pass closet doors
- Spacious laundry rooms with cabinetry and sink
- Elegant crafted hardwood cabinets with a choice of styles and finishes
- Gourmet kitchen with island (in select models)
- State of the art appliances 1/2 h.p. disposal
- 3/4″ granite slab countertops with choice of colors
- Two-compartment cast iron sink with pull-out spray faucet
- Pre-plumbed for icemaker and reverse osmosis system
- Built-in double oven and separate microwave
- 42″ high upper cabinets
- Easy-care cultured marble countertops and tub/shower surrounds
- Cast iron self-rimming lavatories in all baths
- Luxurious roman tub and separate shower in master bath
- Custom clear shower enclosure in master bath in select models
- Brass and chrome plumbing trim throughout
- Brass bath accessories throughout
- Hardwood full height vanity cabinets
- Designer pedestal lavatory in powder room
- Gated entrance
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinkler system
- Security system
- Quality deadbolt on front entry door
- Dual pane insulated glass in all windows and patio doors
- R-30 insulation in ceilings; R-19 insulation in exterior walls
- 2 x 6 exterior walls (with exception of garage)
- Efficiently designed split gas heating and air conditioning systems
- Gas hot water heater with recirculating line
- Structured wiring
- Pre-wired for four ceiling fans
- Decora light switches
- Contemporary southwestern architecture
- Choice of three exterior elevations for each plan
- Large expanses of glass
- Hand applied stucco finish in your choice of paint colors
- Concrete roof tile with choice of colors
- Salt-finished entry walk and patio
- Eight-foot high sliding glass patio doors
- Exterior lighting at garage on photo cell
- 3-car garages with automatic door openers and finished interiors
- Generous covered patios with recessed lighting
- Bonus rooms
- Upgraded custom cabinetry Home entertainment systems
- Ceramic tile or granite countertops
- Special floor treatments
- Special fireplace treatments
- Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs
- Low-E or bronze tint windows
- Soft water and reverse osmosis systems
- Natural gas available to cooktop, dryer
- Wet bars
This page contains number of maps that may be helpful in understanding more about this community.
The map on the top left shows where in McDowell Mountain Ranch the community is located. Just to the right of that is an aerial view provided by the digital map center of the city of Scottsdale which should provide you with an interesting perspective on the community. The last two are an actual street map and the builder’s original site plan. Click to enlarge maps.